Reading time: 1 Minute
Case Studies / Quality Monitoring
Large Mortgage Servicer Experienced Yearly Gains in Agent Performance from QM Improvements
- The Collections Department at a large mortgage servicer experienced frequent complaints and high customer dissatisfaction. Customers provided feedback that agents were harassing and inconsiderate during collection calls.
- The Collections Department engaged Northridge to establish a monitoring program that focused on enhancing their agents’ soft skills, particularly improving empathy, professionalism, listening and providing clear explanations.
- As part of the quality monitoring program, Northridge:
- Conducted initial guideline education and calibration sessions with internal QA team to drive agent performance improvements within key opportunity behaviors (Professionalism, Listened Actively, Maintained Composure & Empathy).
- Established criteria for Hotline reporting. Agents received feedback within 24 hours for egregious behaviors.
- Provided agents with specific coaching comments to explain the reason for the performance opportunity.
- Revamped reporting included a monthly review, identifying agent strengths and performance opportunities, as well as a Monthly Business Process Measures report, providing analysis for key metrics by the team.
- Results showed Agents’ Summary Scores increased year over year, while the % of hotlines decreased (see the trend to the right).
Let’s Talk About Your Organization
With experience across nearly every industry, non-profit and governmental agency, we have the team to help you grow.