State of Customer Experience 2016
With the accelerated growth of mobile and digital technologies, consumers are engaging with more channels for customer service than ever before. Yet consumers say it’s still so hard to navigate and resolve customer service issues across those channels. The Northridge Group’s State of Customer Service Experience 2016 report reveals critical gaps between customer service expectations of excellence, ease and accessibility and the disappointing realities associated with a lack of usability and response.
Key insights from the study include:
- 44% of consumers say they do not feel companies make it easy to contact them.
- 55% report using two or more communications channels to contact a company or brand before an issue is resolved.
- Consumers still value first contact resolution, but 40% say they must contact a brand two or more times before a customer service issue is resolved.
- Social media continues to grow as a customer service channel with 77% of consumers saying they use social channels to contact companies as much or more than a year ago.
- Yet for those consumers that contact brands on social media, 21% say they never even get a response.
To access the full State of Customer Experience 2016 report, please fill out the form below.