Reading time: 2 Minutes
Case Studies / Contact Center Management
Assessment for Nonprofit Leads to Roadmap for Development of Contact Center Capabilities
- A nonprofit focused on providing housing services to homeless and at-risk citizens engaged Northridge to:
- Establish and strengthen their Coordinated Entry System (CES) Hotline and call support capabilities.
- Evaluate current CES Hotline and participant needs and identify essential capabilities needed to provide responsive, reliable support.
- Identify people, process and technology priorities for development of contact center capabilities.
- Provide contact center subject matter expertise for the development of the CES Hotline team including organizational structure, workforce planning insights, technology solutions, and a work location model for Hotline associates.
- Define a roadmap for contact center requirements, investment needed, and timeline to support their grant application.
- Northridge evaluated CES Hotline center and client needs, benchmarking with like agencies in other states to understand essential processes and staff capabilities needed for success.
- We developed an organizational model, job design, recruiting plans, and onboarding/training requirements
- We assessed associate working models to understand the benefits and challenges of Work from Home (W@H) vs. onsite models
- We created implementation requirements, a roadmap and a timeline to identify priority developments and sequencing, including technology and talent requirements and high-level operational processes for use in the contact center grant application.
- Northridge provided the client with expertise, recommendations and insights, along with a roadmap and content for the contact center grant application. This included:
- CES Hotline center capabilities, processes, and required enabling technology.
- Organizational models, job descriptions, guidance on compensation/onboarding/training.
- A high-level staffing plan and estimate of implementation and operating costs.
- Upon approval of the grant, the client will implement Northridge’s recommendations and roadmap for establishing a CES Hotline contact center, with supporting staff and technology to ensure responsive and effective care for their local citizens in need.