The State of Customer Service Experience 2017
Today’s innovative marketplace breeds ideas, products, and services faster than ever before. With an increase in competition and a decrease in consumer attention, smart brands know that gaining and retaining customers begins and ends with a seamless customer experience. The Northridge Group’s State of Customer Service Experience Report 2017, an annual consumer report that collects data from more than 1,000 respondents, reveals companies are making customer service a hassle and consumers are losing patience.
Key insights from the study include:
- 80% of consumers state they are likely to defect to another company as a result of poor customer service.
- 45% of consumers are unsuccessful or somewhat successful in locating information on company websites.
- 36% report rarely or never experiencing agents who demonstrate knowledge about their account.
- One-third of consumers will switch channels if their issue is not resolved within an hour, which drives multiple interactions and increases customer effort, potential for frustration, and service cost.
- Once a consumer has experienced poor customer service, there is only about a 50% chance the company can ever win that customer back.
The State of Customer Service Experience Report 2017 is coming soon!
Catch up on insights from the 2016 report here.