Case Studies / Quality Monitoring
Quality Monitoring Program Results in 5% Point Reduction in Customer Complaints in One Quarter
- A large federal agency was dissatisfied with their customer experience and asked Northridge to conduct an assessment to capture business process and agent-based opportunities for improving customer service.
- The customer service model prior to Northridge stepping in was template-based and failed to provide either an empathetic tone or a knowledgeable response. Not only were customers dissatisfied with their experiences, but they were also left confused by the answers provided to them.
- The client asked The Northridge Group to provide quality monitoring and actionable recommendations to increase customer satisfaction.
- Northridge’s assessment identified Customer Service improvement opportunities on 3 tiers:
- Basic questions and transfers
- More advanced inquiries about specific plans
- Business process measures (frequency of repeat calls, dial transfers, etc.), rather than direct measures of agent performance
- Northridge’s recommendation to move from a template-based response to a more personalized response resulted in a 2 point increase in the Customer Satisfaction Index (from 83 to 85) in just one quarter.
- All component scores increased, with scores ranging from 83-94.
- Customer Care received the highest component score (94), the highest level reached during the past seven quarters.
- Customer complaints decreased five percentage points in just one quarter, from 10% in Q2 to 5% in Q3.
A Tailored Approach For Every Consulting Service
At The Northridge Group, we offer solutions to your most complex business challenges. With a robust suite of consulting services, we can help you in any or all of the following areas: