Reading time: 1 Minute
Case Studies / Contact Center Management
Large Healthcare Insurance Agency Identifies Nearly $1M in Savings with IVR Redesign
- A major healthcare company sought to redesign their member authentication process to streamline and improve their overall member experience, increase authentication rates, and reduce the associated cost structure.
- Their existing IVR system did not adequately identify members and segment them, resulting in customers having to repeat information multiple times.
- The system’s inability to accurately route members to the correct destinations, based on their plan and reason for call, resulted in high transfer rates that increased customer service costs and customer frustration.
- The Northridge Group assessed the current state group member authentication process against best practices and identified solutions that would increase the authentication rate, decrease agent handling time, and improve member satisfaction.
- Our team utilized alternative data points to identify callers and direct them appropriately through the call handling system.
- Industry compliance verification was restructured in order to reduce authentication handle times and the number of times customers had to provide their information.
- Northridge recommendations, including IVR redesign, resulted in:
- 76% of retail members reporting that they were very satisfied or somewhat satisfied with the process of IVR call authentication.
- A 31% improvement over target for calls identified and fully authenticated.
- A 105 second savings on average call time.
- Nearly $1M in total annual savings.