Case Studies / Contact Center Management
Business Process Initiative Identifies $10M in Cost Savings through Improved Metrics and Vendor Management
- As a cost management tactic, a Fortune 100 enterprise contracted with multiple outsourced vendors to operate their technical support contact centers.
- These centers were operating at higher-than-anticipated costs in spite of a balanced focus on average handle time and customer satisfaction, as well as lower agent costs per hour compared to internal rates.
- Northridge used its proven methodology to conduct a center assessment, including a review of vendor contracts, an on-site evaluation of tools and processes, and an analysis of performance metric trends. The assessment uncovered that:
- Focus on AHT drove agents to prematurely disengage with customers, increasing repeat calls.
- Outsourced vendors were compensated based on calls handled; contracts lacked metrics for repeat calls and optimal agent scheduling.
- A 28% improvement in first call resolution and centralized schedule management generated $10M in annual cost savings.
A Tailored Approach For Every Consulting Service
At The Northridge Group, we offer solutions to your most complex business challenges. With a robust suite of consulting services, we can help you in any or all of the following areas: