The Northridge Group is a growing management consulting firm specializing in customer experience solutions and business transformation initiatives, utilizing data analytics and business process redesign to deliver results. Northridge provides professional services and quality monitoring solutions for the Fortune 200 in healthcare, telecom, financial services, travel and transportation, as well as key government agencies.
At Northridge, we push boundaries and encourage innovation, without losing sight of organizational realities and limitations. The result is pragmatic solutions that can be implemented to drive measurable and sustainable improvements in profitability and productivity. For us, an additional measure of success is ensuring that our clients have the means to sustain the outcomes of our engagement long after we are gone. As such, collaboration and knowledge transfer is key to our engagement delivery process.
Northridge is a firm founded and operated by people passionate about customer experience and our clients’ operational success. In 2016, Northridge became an ESOP (Employee Stock Owned Plan), which means that all employees are owners and benefit from the growth and success of the firm.
We are looking for a smart, curious and energetic Business Analyst capable of working with our consulting teams to provide business insights and enhanced outcomes for our clients. The successful candidate will be able to work as part of a project team to understand each client’s organization – its operational processes, its use of technology and its performance drivers. From this, barriers to operational efficiency and financial performance are identified and improvement recommendations are outlined along with an implementation roadmap.
The Business Analyst responsibilities include performing analytics to determine a fact-based problem statement, modeling to determine scenario outcomes from improvement recommendations, as well as documenting current and future states for processes and use of technology.
Description of Job Responsibilities
- Manage project data to design and create effective analysis and modeling
- Examine each client’s infrastructure of people, processes, and technology, then couple that with data analytics to create hypotheses for problem definition
- Identify patterns and trends to interpret the data analytics and to develop business insights that will help lead the project team to improvement recommendations
- Perform research to supplement internal client data with external benchmarks in order to provide industry comparisons for deeper understanding of issues and opportunities
- Document processes, analysis, methodology and findings to support the project team’s outcomes
- Prepare data visualizations to communicate with the client our analysis and conclusions
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree with a concentration that emphasizes analytical skills, such as Computer Science, Economics or Statistics.
- Supplemental coursework that enables an understanding of organizational dynamics, e.g. Psychology.
- Technical skills with expertise in analytical methods, research and data visualization.
- Knowledge of various analytical tools such as: programming (C#, JAVA, Python), business intelligence (Tableau, Crystal Reports) and databases (SQL).
- Expert in all MS Office tools.
- Some experience working in a business environment with demonstrated capabilities to collaborate effectively with others, possessing an attention to detail, a focus on accuracy and an ability to grasp business concepts.
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment and effectively support multiple, concurrent projects.
This position is located in Atlanta or Chicago.
We appreciate your interest in working at The Northridge Group. If your experience and interests are a fit for our company, you can apply online here: Rosemont, IL or Atlanta, GA